(FLR M) Extend your Spouse Visa today!

What is a FLR M?


An FLR (M) application also known as an Extension Visa allows you to stay in the UK after 2.5 years, as the partner who is settled here in the UK. You will need to complete the extension application and if you want to make an application to extend your stay in the UK.  You will have to


  • Show that you are still living with your British Partner
  • You or your partner can continue to accommodate you in the UK
  • Provide evidence of income or show benefits.
Contact us today if you wish to extend you spouse visa for another 2.5 years or you wish to apply for settlement after 5 years in the UK.
You apply for an extension visa if you are one of the following:
  • Spouse
  • Civil partner
  • Unmarried partner
  • Same-sex partner
  • Parent
  • Child

An Unmarried Partner can also make a FLR M application


An unmarried partner includes anyone who can evidence they have been living in a relationship akin to a marriage or civil partnership for at least two years prior to the date of application for an extension of leave.

You can also apply using the FLR M form to extend your stay as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner in circumstances where you came to the UK with the intention of entering into a marriage or civil partnership but have yet to do so.

Note that this form should not be used to apply to settle in the UK. This is a  common mistake that many couple make when trying to apply for indefinite leave to remain.


Our Promise at DaVinci Solicitors


Based on your situation you will need to provide proof of relationship. We at DaVinci Solicitors provide a tailored document checklist that is applicable in your situation, therefore you will not have to worry about what you need to include in your FLR M application.

We understand that proving the validity of your partnership to the satisfaction of the authorities can be a frustrating task. Our highly experienced immigration lawyers at DaVinci Solicitors will be able to clarify any unclear parts of the visa application, advise you on your eligibility and how best to prove your status to the authorities.

Contact us today for a FREE Visa Consultation