DaVinci Solicitors are Spouse Visa (UK) specialists and have an excellent track record for making successful Spouse Visa applications
Many people ask,
what makes a spouse visa application successful?
When applying for a Spouse Visa (UK), make sure you fulfil the compulsory requirements set below:
- The UK Partner must be a British citizen in the UK or hold Indefinite Leave to Remain.
- The UK Partner must be present and settled in the UK
- Applicant and Sponsor must be at least 18 years old
- Must have suitable accommodation available for you in the UK
- Have a grasp of the English language is satisfactory, pass at-least the A1 English Language Test, however due to the current COVID situation you may be exempt.
You can complete our Free Spouse Visa checker to make sure you meet the basis requirements for the spouse application – Click HERE
What one should understand is that every applicants situation WILL be different i.e Employed Full Time, Employed Part Time, Self Employed, Pension and so on. Firstly, check whether you need a visa to come to the UK on the Gov website. If so, you can now follow the content below.
Meeting the Financial Requirement:
You MUST meet and provide the following for a successful UK Spouse Visa (UK)
- Gross annual income of £18,600.
- If you have a Children then an extra £3,800 for a first child
If you are employed then you must provide wage slips, bank statements, employment letter etc. Due to every individuals circumstances being different it would be very naive to provide a generic financial checklist.
There have been clients that have been in touch in the past, where their visa’s have been refused solely on the basis that they submitted their own application themselves, based on checklists that they have found online.
You must understand that not only are you losing your application fee, you are also on the Home Office radar and they may rigorously check your application if it has been refused already.
If you require a document checklist as to how many months of wage slips or bank statements you need, or up-to which date and month, then you can contact DaVinci Solicitors and we shall provide a detailed document checklist tailored to your situation. We also deal with complex visa application where they have been refused previously, we shall and make sure that no stone is left un-turned and that all matters a mentioned in our detailed covering letter to the Home Office.
Exemptions to the Financial Requirement for a Spouse Visa:
You will be exempt from financial requirements of £18,600 or above if your UK Partner can show that they are receiving the following
- Disability living allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Severe disability allowance
- Carer’s allowance
- Attendance allowance
- Industrial injury disablement benefit
- Bereavement benefits
If you receive any of the above then you can contact DaVinci Solicitors and we shall provide a list of all the documents you need to provide for a spouse visa. We would also make sure your online application is completed correctly mentioning why you are exempt. Our detailed cover letter to the Home Office shall also refer to any exemption making sure the entry clearance officer is well aware of your situation when they are reviewing your application.
Providing a genuine and subsisting relationship:
To show that you satisfy this requirement, you and your partner will have to demonstrate the following:
- you are currently in a long-term relationship with one another and provide evidence of this.
- the two of you are living together and plan to do so in the UK, if you are not already.
- you share the responsibility for your finances and children, if you have any.
Based on your situation you will need to provide a lot of proof. We at DaVinci Solicitors provide a tailored document checklist that is applicable in your situation, therefore you will not have to worry about what you need to include in your application. (Spouse Visa UK)
We understand that proving the validity of your partnership to the satisfaction of the authorities can be a frustrating task. Our highly experienced immigration lawyers at DaVinci Solicitors will be able to clarify any unclear parts of the visa application, advise you on your eligibility and how best to prove your status to the authorities.