EEA Resident

EEA residence permit visas for the UK entitle EEA nationals and their dependants to the right of residence. A permit of this kind entitles the holder to work in Britain, accept offers of work, start a business, manage a company, or set up a local branch of a company.

If you wish to bring your spouse or common-law partner to join you in the UK, DA VINCISolicitors can help at every stage of the process. As a specialist Immigration Law firm, we can provide expert immigration advice and help you get the best result for your case.


As a specialist UK Law firm, DA VINCI Solicitors can assess your needs and help you get the best immigration service possible. A specially assigned immigration Lawyer will guide you through every step of the visa application process, providing advice and representation where appropriate.


Unlike UK work permits, an EEA residence permit application is made by the individual, not a sponsoring company in the UK. As a result, no specific employment offer is required, although you may not be granted an EEA permit if you are coming to the UK just to look for work.

In addition, EEA permits don’t require applicants to reach a threshold on a points-based system, unlike the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) visas. So long as you are an EEA country citizen and can support yourself and any dependants whilst in Britain, this type of visa for immigration to the UK is a straightforward route to living and working in Britain.

Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible for this type of UK visa service, you need to be a dependant of a European Union citizen.


Holders of EEA residence permits do not have to work while in the country, but they must be able to support themselves without using public funds (such as unemployment benefits).

DA VINCI Solicitors Can Help

As a specialist immigration Law firm, Davinci Solicitors can provide legal advice and assistance throughout the visa application service to ensure that the needs of our clients are met.